Being a homeowner in California comes with a lot of worries, like the health of your trees. A tree can become harmful to your property and could also be potentially harmful to your family or anyone else on your property. So how you do know when your tree is dangerous and should be removed?
When figuring out what to do with a hazardous tree, hiring a professional is highly recommended. Here are some symptoms of a bad tree so you know when to call JLG Tree Service to aid you.
- Cracked or broken trunk: When it’s cracked, the tree is weakened structurally and exposes it to diseases and invasive bugs.
- Large and overhanging branches: Windy days in Southern California are prevalent and the hanging limbs can scrape and damage your roof. There is also the possibility that the branch can fall and cause major damage to your roof.
- The tree is leaning: Structural issues may cause the tree to start leaning. If the Soil surrounding the tree is cracked or heaving, it is in danger of falling and makes it unsafe for people around the tree, the home, and the property itself.
- Dead Tree: A dead tree poses several different kinds of threats. Pests such as carpenter ants and termites like to seek out these trees and then eventually, will find their way to your home and infest it.
- Fungus: A tree that has been infected with the fungus can induce rotting in parts of the tree creating risks such as falling due to being unstable. Some funguses can be treated but it is best to ask a professional arborist what should be done.
- Invasive Roots: Roots can cause costly damage to your property such as damage to your foundation and breaking through pipes and sewage lines.
It might be hard to figure out what you want to do with a tree in your yard. If you have any questions or would like a tree removal contact us! JLG Tree Service offers fat turnaround times and can typically accommodate same-day services for small trees and within 1 -3 days for large tree removals.